Best Vehicle Tracking Apps for Businesses
Tracking your company vehicles is a hot topic nowadays. And vehicle tracking apps are an important part of a good vehicle tracking solution in this digital era. Our guide reviews some of the best systems that include an app for easy fleet management.
Keep reading to find out what’s the best of the best vehicle tracking app. Or get your vehicle tracking system now if you already know what you need. We’ll help you find the best one. Let us compare the market for you!
(Updated Wed, 26 October 2022)
Why get a vehicle tracking app?
First things first, let’s make something clear. We’re not talking about your basic free apps you can download from Google Play or App Store. We’re not addressing people who are looking for a vehicle tracking app for their personal car.
We’re talking to business and fleet managers. To those who need specialised and comprehensive solutions to keep track of many vehicles. So, if you’re here looking for a free app to track your car, you’re reading the wrong guide.
But if you’re looking for expert vehicle tracking apps, you’re in the right place.
In an advanced technological world where everything is connected, many solutions come with an app. Why? To make it easier to manage your assets.
Most commercial vehicle tracking systems nowadays will come with an online management portal/account. But not all of them include an app. Getting a system that has a vehicle tracking app will make easier than ever before to manage your vehicles and stay on top of everything.
What’s the best vehicle tracking app?
The best vehicle tracking apps are part of a good vehicle tracking system. A GPS tracking app, as vehicle tracking app is often called, allows you to manage an entire fleet quickly and effortlessly.
Here are the best vehicle tracking systems that include a GPS tracking app:
1. Kinesis Pro – the best vehicle tracking system for fleet management
Kinesis Pro is an award-winning telematics and fleet management platform from Radius Telematics. It’s a solution that gives you full flexibility and control over your fleet.
It comes with an online account and an app for smartphones and tablets. You can easily manage fuel costs and all fleet operations from either the online account or app. You can view full reports and create alerts. That’s really convenient for any busy fleet manager.
Some of the best features Kinesis Pro has to offer are:
- Fuel card integration. Kinesis Pro fully integrates fuel card data and provides accurate miles per gallon reporting. This gives you access to detailed reports that can help to identify the best and worst performing vehicles and drivers.
- Driver performance. With this feature, you get an insight into your drivers’ behaviour on the road. Your drivers are scored based on their driving and you get the chance to tackle issues and set up appropriate trainings on safe driving.
- Fault codes. This is extremely useful as you get data directly from the Engine Management System (EMS). If there are any faults or issues, you get a warning with a fault code, which allows you to act appropriately and take immediate actions if needed.
- Live location and journey history. With the help of the GPS tracking app, you get visibility over your vehicles 24/7 with an accuracy to within 3 metres. You can also check the journey history of your vehicles over the last 30 days.
- Geofences. With the vehicle tracking geofencing feature you can create a perimeter and get alerts every time your vehicles enters or leaves the perimeter.
Other notable features of Kinesis Pro include CAN data, camera integration, temperature monitoring, tachograph download, driver ID and immobilisation.
It’s a quite complex vehicle tracking solution that’s easily top of many lists.
2. Kinesis – the solution for small and medium businesses
Radius Telematics doesn’t only offer a solution for large fleets, but one for SMEs too. One quite good, we might add.
Similar to Kinesis Pro, you get an online management portal and an easy-to-use app for your phone and tablet to manage your vehicles with no hassle.
Much like its sibling designed for larger fleets, Kinesis offers some top-notch features. It misses features like CAN data, fault codes, temperature monitoring or tachograph download, but a small or medium business doesn’t really need those.
But let’s see what exactly you get with Kinesis:
- Live location and trip history. Locate your vehicles 24/7 with a precision of up to three metres and see where your vehicles have been for the past 30 days. Up to postcode and street level details, start and stop times.
- Speeding reports. Quickly identify drivers who think they are Hamilton on the road and push that pedal to the floor. And with driver behaviour insights you can tailor specific trainings to correct these behaviours.
- Fuel card integration. Just like Kinesis Pro, you get to see how much fuel has been used, the distance travelled and the fuel efficiency.
- Driver ID. Each driver is easily identifiable with their own fob and you can review driver performance even if they switch vehicles a lot. This also helps with timesheets for each driver and their logged working hours.
- Driver app. If your drivers use the company vehicle for personal trips as well, this app will help them easily differentiate between business use and private mileage. Also, your drivers can check their journey history and see a breakdown of speeding incidents.
Kinesis also offers camera integration, geofences and location alerts. If you feel this is a good solution for your business, get a quote with us.
3. Verizon Connect
Verizon is a popular telematics solution on the market and it’s easy to see why. You get a wide range of features and advanced capabilities to easily manage your fleet. It’s a solution for larger fleets, though.
And yes, it comes with a mobile app that’ll make fleet management simple and straightforward.
Its best features are:
- Tachograph compliance. It’s important to stay compliant and with this feature you can plan driver activities better and download tachograph files easily.
- Alerts. Verizon lets you set many alerts to monitor things better. Like monitoring diagnostics, driver behaviour. This makes it simpler to keep track of everything.
- Extensive reporting. You can easily set custom reports, which is a great help in managing your data. You get detailed fuel purchase data for each vehicle or fuel card. You get summarised statistics for each day and you can see the reports categorised by driver or vehicle.
- Integrated video. The camera records from the moment you turn on the engine until you turn it off. In case of an incident the event is classified accordingly (as either a crash, dangerous, harsh driving or low risk) and you get notified within minutes about the event.
Verizon is a well-suited solution for larger vehicles or bigger fleets. However, if you’re a small or medium business, it might be too much and too expensive.
Major advantages of vehicle tracking systems
Now that we’ve talked about the best vehicle tracking apps, let’s talk about the benefits of tracking your business vehicles.
Vehicle tracking systems have been designed to make fleet managers’ lives easier. With their added benefits, tracking systems save your business time, money and give you peace of mind. These are the most valuable benefits of a vehicle tracking system:
Increased productivity and efficiency
What business doesn’t want to maximise its productivity and efficiency? Who wouldn’t want to work smarter, not harder?
Having visibility into your entire fleet can help you achieve that. It can help you monitor and deploy your vehicles more efficiently, reduce useless miles and improve your vehicle’s use overall.
It can also give you extensive information on trip history data. This can help you identify patterns and improve performance and productivity.
Time and cost saving solutions
It’s easy! A good vehicle tracking system monitors everything that’s happening with your vehicles. You can see all the information in your vehicle tracking app. Based on all of this data, you can save on fuel and maintenance costs.
You can train your drivers to drive more efficiently wasting less fuel and being more mindful of the vehicles. You can optimise your routes and save time.
Up your vehicles and drivers’ security
Company vehicles often get stolen, that’s a fact. And it’s a great of loss when you don’t recover them or don’t have them properly insured. So, get vehicle tracking and get proper business insurance.
Thieves are often discouraged to steal a tracked vehicle. The police can usually recover tracked vehicles at a higher rate. You would be able to respond quickly to any emergency involving your vehicles or your drivers.
Keep your customers happy and returning
Did you know a good vehicle tracking system can help you improve customer service? Live updates are highly appreciated by customers.
Having a real-time view of your vehicles’ location, you can quickly answer customers queries. You can give precise ETAs and make faster decisions.
Get your vehicle tracking app with iCompario
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with the multitude of options and features available on the market. Providers will know how to advertise their platforms as being the best and easily confuse you.
But we’re experts at scouring the market, comparing systems and matching them to your specific business needs. We won’t get confused, we promise.
Give us a few details about your needs by filling in a quick form and we’ll get back to you with the best solution.
Read more about vehicle tracking on iCompario
The Benefits of Vehicle Tracking (And Why You Need It)
Best Vehicle Tracking Systems for Small Businesses
GPS Tracking Laws in the UK for Company Vehicles Explained
What to Look for in a Vehicle Tracking System