Best GPS Fleet Tracking for Small Businesses
- Track your vehicles location and improve security
- Save costs and enhance fleet efficiency and productivity
- Find the most affordable system to stay on budget
Best vehicle tracking systems for small businesses
Reduce your costs, grow business productivity and improve overall fleet performance–these are just a few of the powerful benefits of vehicle tracking systems.
But with a market packed with offers, which is the best GPS fleet tracking for small businesses? We’ve narrowed it down to three choices:
Let’s find out why these three made it to our list and how they can help your business thrive. Or cut to the chase and compare the market now to get the right GPS fleet tracking for your small business.
1. Best overall GPS fleet tracking for small business: Kinesis
Kinesis includes the most and best features to cover your fleet needs on all fronts. It gives you complete view and control over your fleet changing the way you manage your business for the better. Its best features include:
- Tracking the live location of your vehicles: Kinesis shows you the location of your vehicles on a web-based map with an accuracy of three metres. Or, if you prefer, you could switch to satellite view instead.
- Geofencing for business vehicles: This handy little feature can greatly improve fleet security. Create a perimeter around an area of interest and get alerts very time your vehicles enter or exit the perimeter.
- Driver behaviour insights: Get a grasp of how your drivers are treating the vehicles on the road. Abusive driving can cost you fuel and lead to more maintenance and repairs needed. Plus, it affects your company’s image.
- Fuel card integration: Using business fuel cards with your GPS trackers gives highly accurate information to help you find new ways to cut fuel costs down. Get accurate fuel efficiency and usage data at your fingertips.
- Driver ID: Unauthorised vehicle use can harm your business. But you can help to combat it with driver key fobs. This GPS fleet tracking for small businesses will send you an alert if a vehicle is used outside of authorised hours.
Kinesis is not only a powerful vehicle tracking system for small business, it’s also an affordable one. It easily made it to the top of our list when we combined all its benefits and features with the price.
2. Best budget GPS fleet tracking for small business: Atom
Atom may be small, but it’s incredibly powerful. Plus, he’s one of the cheapest on the Irish market, so you won’t blow your budget tracking your vehicles.
This is one of the few vehicle tracking systems for small businesses that self-installs. It comes with clear instructions, so you really don’t need technical knowledge.
So, what do you get for your money? Atom has all the essential tracking features including:
- Live location
- Speeding reports
- Geofence alerts
- Journey history for the last 30 days
- An app for drivers to differentiate between business and personal mileage
That should cover the basic needs of any small business. Plus, Atom is portable and easily transferred from vehicle to vehicle.
3. Best from a known brand: Trackmatic
Trackmatic is a big name in Ireland when it comes to vehicle tracking systems for small businesses. And it lives up to its name when it comes to GPS fleet tracking. However, it might be a bit too fancy for the needs of a small business.
So, what do you get for the big brand? These are its best features:
- View driver timesheets and vehicle location live
- Get the route replay and vehicle location and history
- Speeding monitoring on all roads
- Possibility to tailor it according to your business needs.
Trackmatic offers a free trial period of 30 days if it appeals to you but you’re just unsure about it.
How do vehicle tracking systems for small businesses work?
After you’ve picked your best GPS fleet tracking for small business and installed it (either yourself or by an expert engineer), it’s time you enjoyed its benefits.
Set up your online account, install the app on your mobiles devices (if you chose a vehicle tracking system that comes with an app) and start tracking your vehicles.
One of the things to remember about vehicle tracking is you have a wide range of features to choose from. On top of vehicle trackers, you can compare tracking systems for the following features as well:
- Vehicle cameras: front, back and multi-view dash cameras for more security and driver monitoring.
- Asset and trailer trackers: mini-GPS trackers, usually magnetic but not only, for assets to increase the security of your items, machinery and other non-moving valuables.
- Online vehicle tracking: the best GPS fleet tracking for small business come with software so you can remotely track your vehicles. Make sure you get app and/or web-based software.
Benefits of GPS fleet tracking for small businesses
Vehicle tracking systems for small businesses give you access to valuable data you can use to improve and grow your business. Let’s name some of their amazing benefits.
Invest now to save on the long run
The price you pay on the GPS fleet tracking for your small business is an investment for the long run. Little by little cost savings add up:
- Cut down on fuel costs: Insightful reports will give you an accurate idea of how much fuel you’re using and what are the actions that cost you most fuel. Choose a tracking system that can be integrated with your business fuel cards and cut fuel costs as much as possible.
- Save on repair costs: The best GPS fleet tracking for small businesses alerts you when something is wrong or just needs maintenance. And maintenance work done on time saves you money on costly repairs and reduces the downtime of your vehicles.
Read more of our guides for fuel saving tips to start reducing your fuel consumption now.
Give employee productivity a boost
Who wouldn’t want more productive employees? Staff who works at their highest efficiency levels is vital to businesses.
Vehicle tracking systems for small businesses are amazing tools to help improve productivity. How does it work? Well, GPS fleet tracking for small businesses can tell you all kinds of details like how long your employees are on site, number of breaks, miles travelled and much more. You’ll be able to organise your operations much better with all this data at your fingertips.
Better security for your vehicles
Tracking the live location of your business vehicles can come with peace of mind. Your vehicles are valuable assets to the business and vehicle tracking systems for small business can help improve their security.
With vehicle tracking you can set up geofencing to monitor your vehicles. To create a geofence, you draw a line on a map or establish limit points to set a perimeter around any area you want.
Every time your vehicle enters or leaves the geofenced area, you’ll get an alert. That means you can monitor deliveries, stops at the depot or other business activities easily.
If you’re having delays at work or deliveries are not arriving on time, you’ll be able to check in real-time where a vehicle is and take actions quickly, if necessary.
Keep customers in the loop and happy
Customers appreciate good service and that involves accurate, real-time updates about their orders.
The best GPS fleet tracking for small business can help you provide the best possible service because it allows you to keep them informed of where their deliveries are on every step of the journey.
The competition is fierce so small details like accurate arrival times of deliveries can make a huge difference.
Compare the market to find the best vehicle tracking systems for small business
Vehicle trackers have many benefits and can help your small business thrive and expand. But for that, you need to find the right one to suit your business needs.
So, compare the market and let the experts identify the right system for your business. Start by giving us a few details about the business and your vehicles and we’re get right on it.
Read more about vehicle tracking on iCompario
Company Vehicle Tracking and the Law in Ireland
3 important requirements when choosing a Telematics system
5 Minute Fleet Telematics Guide
How Telematics and Fuel Cards for Small Businesses Can Save You Money