If you have identified which handset(s) you want, it is important to ensure that you select the best plan for your business. And to select the best tariff for your business mobile, it is important to understand how you and your business will use them. Some key things to consider include:
- Network provider: Most of the major network providers have excellent coverage across the country. However, there are some parts of the country where signal strength can be poorer. Before committing to a deal, you can use Ofcom’s postcode checker to see what the reception will be like in your area, or in the areas the business operates, for a specific network.
- Tariff type: Most business mobile providers offer similar contract options. These options are much like the contracts for personal mobiles, which you are likely to already be familiar with, such as pay monthly, Pay As You Go or SIM only tariffs.
- Minutes, texts and data: With pay-monthly or SIM only tariffs, you’ll likely be provided with a set number of minutes and texts, however, a number of providers will also offer unlimited deals on certain tariffs. Also, data plans typically vary between two and ten gigabytes monthly. It is therefore important to understand your current usage or have an idea or prediction of likely usage. If your employees are likely to rely on streaming and downloading information on the job, for instance, then high or unlimited data tariffs will be required. If they make a lot of calls, you will need high or unlimited minutes.
- Contract offers and gifts: Some providers will use offers and gifts as a way to encourage you to sign up to a deal. These can vary from gift vouchers, technology offers, even cuddly toys.
- Price: This is crucial for all businesses. The cost of your tariff for your business mobiles is normally split into two parts—the initial up-front cost (for the handset(s) and offer access) and the normal monthly cost. Normally, a higher monthly cost means a lower initial cost. The key here is to check what you are being offered and to factor in any other potential costs, e.g. insurance.
It can be tempting to settle for a mobile phone plan that you like the look of but if you don’t compare it with others that are available, you can miss out on some amazing deals that will save your business a lot of money. By using iCompario’s expert comparison service, we do all the legwork for you in securing the best deal according to your specifications, helping you save even more!
With an extensive range of handsets available from manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, Huawei, CAT, and more, you are spoilt for choice when you use iCompario. What’s more, we support many of the UK’s major networks including EE and O2, guaranteeing excellent coverage no matter where your business operates.
Let us take the time to learn about your business and its needs and put together a range of business mobile phone options that will ensure you get the best without compromising on quality or service.
As a free comparison site, iCompario can help you find the right business mobiles and SIM deals, internet phones, broadband and any other communications solution you need, for the right price.
Read more about telecoms on iCompario
What’s a VoIP phone? The MANY business benefits of internet phones
A guide to business broadband deals for companies big and small
The Pros and Cons of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud
Business vs personal phone contracts: what’s the difference?