Sainsbury’s Fuel Cards
Fuel cards that can be used at the UK’s biggest supermarkets
Sainsbury’s fuel cards are accepted at hundreds of stations. Sainsbury’s is partnered with some of the biggest fuel card providers in the UK, with the supermarket linked to UK Fuels and fuelGenie. These cards can be used at Sainsbury’s forecourts all over the UK, giving your business access to over 300 supermarket stations.
Diesel and petrol at supermarket price. Supermarkets are generally the cheapest source of fuel, with the price at their pumps often noticeably less than those at branded petrol stations. Fuel cards accepted by Sainsbury’s can be used at three of the UK’s biggest supermarkets, allowing your drivers to buy low cost diesel and petrol from Tesco and Morrisons as well as Sainsbury’s.
Using a Sainsbury’s fuel card makes it easier for you to manage your business. Low-cost convenience is key for supermarkets and that’s what you get with a Sainsbury’s fuel card. Your card comes with account management software that lets you track all of your travel expenses. This lets you see where your money is being spent, giving you the data you need to spot any opportunities to make any savings.
Sainsbury's fuel cards through iCompario
Compare Sainsbury’s Fuel Card Options
While there’s no branded option, there are some excellent fuel cards available from leading brands that Sainsbury’s has partnered with. These are the great cards you can choose from — fuelGenie, Texaco Fastfuel, FleetOne and FuelPlus.
fuelGenie Fuel Card
- Pay supermarket price for the fuel your business purchases
- Online reporting makes it easier to manage your fleet
- App that helps you find the best priced petrol and diesel
- VAT claims are simpler with HMRC-approved invoices
- Your drivers can earn supermarket points when buying fuel
Texaco Fastfuel Fuel Card
- Your card can be used at over 3,200 stations throughout the Texaco network
- Fixed and competitive prices for the diesel and petrol your company purchases
- In-depth reports show you where every penny of your travel expenses is going
- Online and mobile e-route tool helps your drivers to find the nearest petrol station
- Account submissions and VAT claims are easier with HMRC-compliant invoices
FleetOne Fuel Card
- Use your card at over 4,700 big brand petrol stations
- Accepted by many of the UK’s major supermarkets
- Velocity reporting software helps you to manage your fleet
- E-route station finder makes it easy to find the nearest petrol station
- PIN-protected card gives you the peace of mind of secure payments
FuelPlus Fuel Card
- Your card is accepted at over 3,700 stations throughout the UK
- Get fixed and competitive prices for the diesel your business buys
- Velocity software allows you to get a detailed overview of your travel expenses
- E-route station locator makes it easy for your drivers to find the fuel they need
- Cuts your time on admin time with no more need to redeem paper invoices
Where can you use Sainsbury’s fuel cards?
Sainsbury’s doesn’t have its own branded fuel card but there are some fantastic fuel cards you can use to pay supermarket price for the petrol and diesel your drivers buy at the supermarket — fuelGenie, Texaco Fastfuel, FleetOne and FuelPlus.
These cards allow your business to get its fuel from a diverse range of stations across the UK, in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. This is total number of petrol stations the cards are accepted at:
- Stations in fuelGenie Fuel Card network: over 1,300
- Stations in Texaco Fastfuel Fuel Card network: over 3,200
- Stations in FleetOne Fuel Card network: over 4,700
- Stations in FuelPlus Fuel Card network: over 3,700
Your drivers can refuel at Sainsbury’s and some of the UK’s other leading supermarkets, such as Tesco and Morrisons. This means they’re never far from a station with diesel and petrol they need to refuel their vehicles.
Sainsbury’s Fuel Card Benefits
- Buy diesel and petrol at supermarket price: your drivers can purchase their fuel from Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Morrisons.
- Easier to manage your fleet business: online reporting lets you see every penny you spend on petrol and diesel, so you can make sure they’re buying the cheapest fuel.
- Spend less time on admin tasks: you get an electronic invoice for your fuel, meaning that your administrators don’t need to redeem paper receipts for travel expenses.
- Simpler to submit your accounts to HMRC: government approved invoices are created for the fuel you buy, helping you to get the correct tax rebate.
- Reduces the risk of fraud: Sainsbury’s fuel cards are PIN protected, with online teams monitoring each payment to ensure any suspicious activity is caught.
Sainsbury’s Fuel Card FAQs
Do Sainsbury’s take fuel cards?
Sainsbury’s does accept fuel cards. While there’s no Sainsbury’s own brand option, there are a range of cards you can use to buy your fuel at the supermarket’s stations. These include fuelGenie, a fuel card that can also be used at Tesco and Morrisons.
Which is the best fuel card in the UK?
The best fuel card in the UK really depends on what your business is looking for. If you want a card that can be used at supermarket stores then the best option for you may be a Sainsbury’s fuel card. If you need a card that’s accepted in stations throughout continental Europe then the Esso Europe might be right for your company.
Is it worth getting a fuel card for my business?
Fuel cards offer some great benefits that make it easier for fleet operators to monitor and control their company. They’re a secure way of paying for your fuel and an efficient way to keep on top of your travel expenses. If these are things that can help your business then it could be worth getting a fuel card.
Need help choosing a Sainsbury’s fuel card?
Have you decided which Sainsbury’s fuel card is right for your business? Or would you like to check out what other cards are available before you start your application? You can see how Sainsbury’s compares to the other providers by using iCompario’s “Compare fuel cards” tool.
Simply enter the number and type of vehicles your company uses, along with the fuel your drivers put into their cars, vans or HGVs. You’ll then get a list of all the fuel cards that are appropriate for your business, giving you the details you need to make an informed decision.